How does Whole Body Cryotherapy work?
The Cryochamber uses nitrogen gas to lower your skin temperature to about 30 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a completely non-toxic natural gas that actually makes up 78% of the air that we breathe in. This causes your body to go into a ‘fight or flight’ mode, which sends blood to your core. The blood then becomes hyper oxygenated and enriched with nutrients and enzymes and after your 2-3 minute session, that fresh new enriched blood is sent back out to the body. The new and improved blood now has the ability to help your body recover faster.
What to wear
When you arrive, you will be escorted to a private room and given a clean pair of socks, slippers, and gloves to wear. Remove your outer clothing (keep your undergarments on) and remove all jewelry.
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Pain relief
Cryotherapy helps reduce chronic pain, as well as some joint and muscle disorders, such as arthritis.
- Speeds muscle recovery time
The increased blood circulation promotes faster healing after surgery and athletic injuries.
- Reduced Inflammation
By decreasing harmful inflammation throughout your body, you improve overall health.
- Increased Metabolism which aids weight loss
Being cold forces the body to work harder to stay warm, burning calories.
- Improved Sleep
Cryotherapy activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes relaxation.
- Post-surgery Recovery
Recommended by health care professionals to reduce inflammation and speed up recovery time.
- To achieve the optimum benefits from Cryotherapy, we recommend 10 sessions within 30 days.
- Try coming every other day or 2-3 times per week. This routine should boost your body into responding the way it’s supposed to!
- 1 session max per day for all Cryotherapy (Whole body, spot, and facials)